Welcome! to the Blessed Life Ranch!

Bill and me...thirty two years later!



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sometimes you just can't go back

This is a picture of the location of the house I grew up in. Those skeletal evergreens were planted by my mom back in the 60s.

Our house sat on a hill, set back from the highway and overlooking Devils Lake (the lake, not the town).

Sometimes we long to go back in time to a place or a moment when we were less burdened by the cares of the world. But sometimes, maybe even most of the time, you just can't go back. That is why control of the tongue is so essential to godly living. You cannot take back something once said. You can apologize, make amends or grieve over careless words, but you cannot take them back.

Careful, careful we must be in our speech. Even things said in silliness or jest can be hurtful. I have often prayed that the Lord would set a guard at my mouth, a watch on my tongue.

Because sometimes you just can't go back...

No comments: